What you need to know...
- It is a clinical setting/department of Nicosia General Hospital
- It is on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- It is an independent, specially equipped setting which cares for severely ill patients of immediate risk who need continuous assessment-monitoring and support of vital functions with medicines or special medical high-tech machinery.
- Is a unit of reference for Cyprus, which accepts severely ill patients (from public and private hospitals from the whole island) admitted from the hospital's pathological and surgical specialties (except pediatric patients under 12 years).
- The operating model is that of "closed ICU", where patients are hospitalized under the responsibility of Doctors - Intensivists in collaboration with Doctors from the admission unit or other clinical specialties.