During this difficult phase, what symptoms should I pay attention at my child's behavior?
Children go through very difficult times in this period of life, presenting both unprecedented and emotional changes. Thus it is important to be close to them and observe any arising symptoms (that last for days). Only a specialist can offer help.
Some symptoms are the follow...
- The child feels guilty for the patient's hospitalization
- Finds it difficult to follow his daily routine
- Is isolated from family and friends
- Want to harm himself/herself
- Becomes aggressive
- Presents sleep difficulties (insomnia, frequent nightmares)
- He/She refuses to accept the situation and finds it difficult to trust anyone
- Presents eating changes (e.g. decreased appetite)